Sights and museums of Bamberg. Center of Bamberg
Sights and museums of Bamberg. Center of Bamberg
Bamberg is one of Germany’s few historic metropolitan cities that survived World War II.
Today Bamberg is considered one of Germany’s most impressive historical cities. center Bamberg’s Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
By modern standards, Bamberg is a small town and easily reachable on foot.
Bamberg is located on the banks of the Regnitz River and faces seven hills, hence the name “City on Seven Hills” or “Gallonian Rome”.
All this makes Bamberg one of the most attractive and touristy cities in Germany with its many historical attractions. There are hills with panoramic views, and each hill has a ruler, a church. Narrow streets lined with Baroque, Medieval and Romantic buildings and islands lined with riverside houses are called ‘Little Venice’. In addition to cathedrals, churches, fortresses, old palaces and monasteries and museums And the brewery, already an integral symbol of Bamberg, offers a variety of variations for a relaxing break in a beautiful French-Namibian town where the medieval spirit still lingers and blends with a modern lifestyle. is bringing
This article provides the most complete list of attractions. museums Important objects and interesting places in Bamberg. If you want to know only the most important sights and major museums So, where to go first, or if you’re short on time in Bamberg, you can check out our list of top attractions. and museums of the city here → here →
Sights and museums of Bamberg
old town hall
Bamberg’s Old Town Hall (Altes Rathaus Bamberg) is the medieval town hall and one of the most important and beautiful historical buildings. center of the city.
The town hall is located on an artificial island in the middle of the Regnitz river, between the former bishopric and the labor district (city center).
The Town Hall, first mentioned in 1387, is a complex of bridge towers and adjacent sculpted bridges. Because the bridge passes through the government building tower, the government building is sometimes called “the government building on the bridge”.
Today, the Ludwig Museum operates on the walls of the Old Town Hall, displaying Strasbourg’s “Baroque brilliance” and porcelain from the chocolatier Ludwig’s collection. Next door is Bamberg’s famous Rococo Collegiate Hall.Museum homepage: Sammlung-Ludwig.Learn more about the Old Town Hall and the bridge.
“area with crane
Crane (AM Kranen / AM Kranen) has several important objects, embankments, streets and squares located near the banks of the river Regnitz.
The charm of “Crane’s Square”
Head of the modern Bamberg sculpture “Centurion I” (Igor Mitoraj “Centurione”).
This bronze statue was made by Igor Mitrai, a Polish gentleman who was active mainly in Paris and Italy.
The head belongs to classical antiquity, but at the same time it is not united, with damage which, according to its design, should lead to philosophical considerations.
Crane’s historic monument “Am Kranen”
It was once the center of the city’s port facilities. An important reason for this is that in 1156 Bamberg received a so-called stacking order from Emperor Barbarossa, under which merchants must unload their goods in Bamberg and put them up for sale within three days before they are allowed to enter.
The small square is called Am Kranen (crane place) because of the two crane monuments.
The Schlachhaus is an old slaughterhouse built from 1741 to his 1742.
On the wife of the slaughterhouse building there is a relief of a bull statue, inscribed in Latin, “It was unnatural to be a bull now, not a calf before, but I was lucky.”increase. Artist My hands made a cow before I was born as a calf.”
Today the building is part of the Bamberg University.
Historic Hafenrundfahrt building.
Little Venice (Klein Venedig) is a cluster of half-roofed houses with small gardens along the Regnitz River.
Formerly a fishing village, the half-clock houses are mainly medieval.
“Little Venice” spreads down the Regnitz River from “Crane’s Square”.
You can see ‘Little Venice’ from the motes, from the riverbank, and from riverside tours such as boats, boats and canoes. The pier is located in the square “at the crane”.
Embankments, bridges, locks, etc. of the Regnitz River
Bamberg’s Regnitz River and its canals are lined with graceful historic and more modern monuments in relief, with bridges and locks traversing the river itself.
The most impressive buildings are on the left bank of the River Regnitz (Linker Regnitsarm) and along the Ludwig Main Dube Canal.
Other embankments and bridges in Bamberg
At one corner of the bridge, the sculpture “Air Earth” (Air Earth) by the artist Jaume Plensa is noteworthy.
A sculpture held in 2012 by the Catalan artist Jaume Plensa, titled “Eight Poets”, acquired six months later, is a special exhibition of eight large sculptures illuminated from the inside in the old town of Bamberg. Placed light accents and exhibited in public spaces. He then purchased a sculpture called “Air-Earth”, funded entirely by donations, sponsorships and foundations. Since then, the gilded sculpture has been installed on his Oberen Mühlbrücke bridge, where guests are delighted with its moving glow, especially at night.
The most famous is the ‘Gateway 100’ (Schleuse 100), the last lock on the old Ludwig Main Danube Canal built between 1836 and 1845 during the reign of King Ludwig I.
The Lock 100 is still used today on yachts and canoes and is operated manually by a lock holder. It is also useful for adjusting the water level of Regnitz’s left arm. The homes of the idyllic castle town residents near the locks have also been preserved.
Among the buildings along the Legnicarum Canal, the Villa Concordia is a genuine architectural monument built between 1716 and 1722 as the residence of the court adviser Ignaz Tobias Bettinger.
Today, this magnificent Baroque building houses the International Künstlerhaus Villa Concordia, an exhibition hall and library.website: Villa Concordia de.
An island between the canals of the River Regnitz
The small islands between the left bank of the Regnitz River and the former Ludwig Mine and Danau canal are:Remarkable:
-Residenzschloss Geyerswörth, named after the Nuremberg Gayer family.
In 1313, the Patrissian Gaeyer family built the city hall, which became the current place name. From 1585 to 1586, the family moved to Nuremberg, and the building was entrusted to the Bamberg Bishop Ernst von Mengerf at the time. Later, the Crown Prince = bishops ordered the reconstruction of the site of the Gayer family and built the current palace in the Renaissance style.
Currently, the former palace is used by Bamberg’s authorities, and is also used for events and celebration. There is an observatory at the castle tower, but it is currently not possible to climb (it is recommended to check if you can climb the observatory in advance).
-Rosengarten Geyerswört h-A garden located on the site of Gayaswelt Castle Park.
– tourist information center ;
-Welterbe-besuchsZENTRUM Bamberg has a permanent exhibition that introduces three settlements. centers When Bamberg was built in the Middle Ages, mountain towns, island towns, and garden towns were related to each other. Admission to the exhibition is free.
– Welcome Hotel Villa Gaeyaswelt 4 starsBar, free high-speed Wi-Fi, sauna, modern fitness center, parking lot, meeting and meeting facilities are fully equipped. Breakfast is included in the accommodation fee.Link to the hotel
Cathedral Square Bamberg Cathedral, Old Calloward, New House
Domplatz, Domplatz Bamberg is one of the largest and most impressive squares of Bamberg.
Since 1012, buildings throughout the square have been formed for centuries.
Cathedral square ensemble
Bamberger Do m-The cathedral of the Bamberg Empire built in the 13th century. century Is a historic ruler. center Is a symbol of the city as an example of a Romanesque architecture that incorporates Gothic elements.
This is the cathedral of Bamberg, the church of the Bamberg, and the official name is “Bamberger Dom ST. Peter und St. George”.
Inside the cathedralExterior wall: Two choirs, underground cathedral, chapel, altar, organ, fresco paintings, tombstones, sculptures, and the most famous cavalry in Bamberg. In addition to the sacred emperor couple, Henry II, his wife, his wife, Kunegonde, King Conrart III, Pope Clemens II, and Bishop Gunter and Bishop Gunter.Originally, the Old Courtyard was the palace of Emperor Henry II. Since the diocese was founded in 1007, it is likely that the palace also served as the bishop’s residence.
After the palace was put into the hands of the bishops, in the 15th and his 16th centuries, the bishops remodeled the palace according to their own needs as a German Renaissance building complex.
Today it stands out for its sculpted gates, the powerful bay window building adjoining the gates with plenty of Renaissance details, and the courtyard surrounded by an ancient semi-roof. the museum in the old courtyard
: The Museum Historische and the Old Chapel Katharinenkapelle provide venues for civil weddings, concerts and lectures, and from May to October under the name “Light and Shadow”1000s – The history of the city is played out (theater as a shadow play, shadow play). century .
Click here for details of the old courtyard
The Neue Residenz, built at the beginning of the 17th century, across from an austere courtyard.
This was because at that time the existing residence (now the Old Courtyard) was restricted to the bishop.
The construction of the new house took more than 100 years and was carried out in two stages.
Today, the residential wing is a long zigzag structure of several blocks (sandstone buildings) linked together with architectural gates and various decorations.in the new residence– The Staatsgalerie von Bamberg presents about 50 rooms and halls from the late 17th and 18th centuries in various styles, with more than 500 pieces of furniture, paintings, sculptures and textiles, from perfect Gothic to historical. Art treasures up to principle are exhibited. the museum and the theater.
– The Staatsbibliothek Bamberg, located in the east wing of the new house, has preserved the hall of the old house almost intact with plasterboard and frescoes. century – Rosary (Rosengarten Bamberg) – An open-air rose garden between the wings (courtyard) of the new residence.
There are roses and lindens in the gardens, pathways, a rococo pavilion (now a café), sculptures and a monument to Otto and his wife Amalia in the wall blind arch.
The Rose Garden offers a panoramic view of Bamberg’s rooftops and Michelsberg, the former Benedictine monastery.
Introducing our new residence, gallery, library and rose garden.:
St. Michael’s Monastery
St. Michael’s Monastery (Kloster Michaelsberg/Mikaelsberg) is a former Benedictine monastery founded in 1015 by the first bishop of Bamberg, Eberhard, at the suggestion of Emperor Henry II.
Now within the walls of the former monastery
A nursing home, the present-day St. Michaelskirche with the tomb of Otto I, cafés and a former abbey brewery are open for business.
Frank Beer Museum(Bamberg City Museum). There is also a baroque garden near the abbey and a terrace with a panoramic view of Bamberg Open.
Details of St Michael’s Abbey
The Venetian Way
Via Benedict Tinner (“Via Benedict” or “Via Benedict”) is a path that leads through the former gardens of St. Michael’s Abbey, where you can stroll along the fountains and vineyards.altenburg fortressArtenburg or SCHLOSS ALTENBURG Bamberg is a medieval fortress (castle), one of the most impressive and important places in Bamberg.Artenburg’s history dates back to the early 12th century.Perhaps
There was an unmanned strategic fortress in this place, mainly functioning as a bishop and townspeople evacuation center.
The current Altenburg Fortress is not literally medieval, but a collection of historical buildings surrounded by the walls of the tower.
On the ground of the fortress
(You can climb the tower observatory), a bear cage, chapel.
From the observation deck of the fortress, the panoramic view of the town of Bamberg and its surroundings spreads. century Click here for details of the Altenburg Fortress 9th century Observatory of Altenburg Hill
Among the Bamberg’s Altenburg Fortress, there is an AUSSICICHTSPUNKT Am Altenburger Berg on the outdoor observatory-Artenburg hill on the natural hill near Altenburger Str.
From the observatory, you can see the historic buildings well.Bamberg and its surrounding areas century The viewing room is open for 24 hours for free.
MaxplatzMaxplatz or Maximiliansplatz Bamberg / Maximiliansplatz Bamberg is one of the most famous and large squares.
On Christmas Eve, the Christmas market, the main event of Bamberg, will be held on the square and the surroundings.
On the way from the center There is a MaximilianSbrunnen in the square, named after Maximilian I, like the whole square. A fountain made by Ferdinand von mirrors in 1888.
The area around the square is surrounded by historical buildings and forms an ensemble in a characteristic baroque style. The central building of the square is the new city hall (Neues Rathaus) built by Baltazar Neiman in the 18th century. center And today is the town hall.
Click here for details on Maximilian Square
Natural History Museum with famous birds hall
NaturalKunde-Museum Bamberg is a museum that combines history and modern times in the hall of the former Jesus University. center of Bamberg.
It is a Bamberg Torikan (Vogelsaal), which displays many animals centered on birds, coral, shellfish, fish, and snakes.
Bird Hall was established in 1791 as a “natural cabinet” by Duke of Franz Routvig von Elltar. The initial classic tw o-story hall still remains.
The Green Market’s pedestrian zone is lined with stalls selling fruit, vegetables and flowers. That’s why we named it “Green Market”. century The monument “Neptunsbrunnen” in this square is notable for being affectionately called “Gabelmann” by the people of Bamberg.Near the Neptune Fountain is the beautiful Baroque Kirche St. Martin.
The origin of this church is closely related to the Jesuit order, since it was built as a collegiate church, a Jesuit collegiate church. It was founded on August 16, 1686 and consecrated on May 17, 1693.
At 55m high, the majestic Church Tower isn’t the tallest in the city, but thanks to the balustrade and weathervane “IHS” around it, it impresses with the cityscape and can be seen from afar. This tower was built in his 1696.
The most notable in the museum The interior of the church is a mix of understated and ornate decorations.
the church deserves attention
Use: altar, pulpit, organ, sculpture, false inner dome with dome mural by Giovanni Francesco Martini (1714-1716). the museum square
The small Obstmarkt square in Bamberg’s Old Town is one of the city’s warmest and most colorful squares.The square is surrounded by colorful historic buildings and cafés and restaurants with outdoor tables.
There is a three-dimensional fountain in the square.
Langestraße, Schenleinsplatz Square
One of the charms of the historic townscape
Bamberg is the Langestr.The streets are lined with bright buildings filled with cafes, restaurants and shops.
In the center are densely arranged.
At the end of the Langestrasse lies one of the finest Wilhelmian town blocks of the late 19th century.
– Schoensplatz square with fountain and park area.
It is decorated with beautifully maintained squares such as parks and gardens.
I’m using– Equestrian monument of Prince Regent Luitpold (Denkmal des Prinzregenten Luitpold).– Skulpturengruppe “meeting” by Chinese gentleman Wang Shuyan, depicting eight life-size sculptures.
– Hexenmahnmal – an earthly light sculpture commemorating the victims of illegal persecution, hunting and the so-called witch trials that took place in the Diocese of Bamberg, notably between 1612 and 1631, during several persecutions of about 1000 people. Innocent people (women, men, children) were tortured and killed.
Starting from Langestrase, the city branches off in different directions, some of which have been constructed with more substantial structures.
contemporary art museum
In the center The Museum of Contemporary Art (Kunstraum Kesselhaus) is an exhibition space for contemporary fine art in the hangar hall of the former boilerhouse in Bamberg’s Old Town.
: Untere Sandstraße 42, 96049 Bamberg. center Bamberg Puppet Theater
The Bamberger Marionette Theater was established in 1986 and is famous for its historic stage from the first half of the 19th century.and puppet shows centering on German Romantic and Classical works. The repertoire is constantly changing, including fairy tales, dramas, and operas, most of which are original authors.The theater is housed in a historic 18th-century Bamberg mansion.
– “Staubsche Haus”. century to the address
Untere Sandstraße 30, 96049 Bamberg.bamberg concert hall
The Bamberg Concert & Kongress Hall (Konzer t-Und Kongresshalle Bamberg) mainly accepts the Bayern State State Philharmonic Orchestra.
The Bamberg Concert Hall is also a place with many possibilities for meetings, Kongress venues, and exhibition venues. It is also used for various events such as festivals, cabaret, concerts, music and dance show.
: Mußstraße 1, 96047 Bamberg.
Lebenzderer Lagnitz Park
Next to the concert hall, on the Waterside of the Regnitz River, there is a small LebenSader Regnitz park, including the famous “Anchor Figure 2002” by Swiss artist Bernhard Lugin Vules. This sculpture consists of discarded ones.
The small Obstmarkt square in Bamberg’s Old Town is one of the city’s warmest and most colorful squares.Bamberg Sculpture Park is also part of Bamberg sculpture.
Here, more than 8000 square meters are on display at more than 24 work groups by Beln Vargen Hoiser. New sculptures are alternately added or replaced.
About the operation of a sculpture park century Mußstraße 5a, 96047 Bamberg.
Bamberg has another sculpture by Beln Vergen Hoiser, for example, a three-part art installation (DREITEILIGE KUNST-INSTALLATION). century address96047 Bamberg, HellerStraße 13.In Bamberg, the exhibition hall of the artist Beln Vargen Hoiser has opened as a venue for contemporary art.
BERND Wagenhäuser, Gertrauden Straße 10 / Rückgebäude, 96050 Bamberg.
Betinger Hous e-Gallery
Böttingerhaus is a beautiful old Baroque palace, which was built by the wealthy court adviser Johann Ignas Tobias Bettinger from 1707 to 1713.The palace was built in the existing basement of two demolished medieval mansions. There has been a study that the palace facade and the garden design are made by Maximilian von Versh.
Currently, this magnificent building is the most important palace of the Bamberg urba n-type German Baroque style, with elaborate courtyards and terrace gardens.
On the wall of the building, there is an old and contemporary art gallery.
From the former valuable interior of the representative room on the upper floor, the ceiling of the YA mold processing is preserved. In a fresco by Jacob Fogel and Jacob Gebart, he draws Bettinger and his prince. In particular, the frontage of the street made of plastic statue decoration is made.
The shoguns, officers, and soldiers standing in the building window reminiscent that Bettinger played an important role in the Spanish Succession War (1701-1714).
96049 Bamberg, JudenStraße 14.Falpetz Hen Square
Pfahlplätzchen is a small colorful square in the old town of Bamberg, surrounded by historic buildings and outdoor restaurants.The square is decorated with a sculpture.The building around the square is surprisingly beautiful.
: There are “Crab House” (Haus Zum KREBS), Marien Capele Church (Christuskirche Marienkappelle), and Keramik Katja Dennert built from 1807 to 1808.
Böttingerhaus is a beautiful old Baroque palace, which was built by the wealthy court adviser Johann Ignas Tobias Bettinger from 1707 to 1713.The Virgin Church or the Pfarrkirche Unsere Liebe Frau, OberE Pfarre is the only parish church, the only pure Gothic church in the city.
Since this church’s “Uchido parish” (Obere Pfarre) is located on the hill of Karlberg, the lower parish-Maximilian Square, the 14th and 15th-century, the old Gothic style of the Old Gothic style (Alt ST. Martin). It was attached as an analogy and was demolished in 1805.
The construction of the Virgin Church began in 1338.
Currently, the Virgin Church has attracted attention in its size, gate, and a bell tower of over 60m high, and the upper part is the former manager.
Click here for details of the Virgin Church
Carmel Association Monastery
The Carmelitenklaster Bamberg was established as a complex in the 12th century.
However, from 1692 to 1701, it was rebuilt in a baroque style by Leonard Dinzenhofer.
Behind the entrance facade of Monk Morock is a magnificent monastery in the late 13th century Romanesque style.In the monastery, the Carmel Association’s St. Mary St. Teodor Church (Karmelitenkirche ST. MARIA UND ST.
: Karmelitenplatz 1, 96049 Bamberg.
The center Cross’s path sign
Bamberg has the oldest, ol d-fashioned Jesus Christ crossing (Der Bamberger Kreuzweg).Bamberg’s Via Dororosa was created by Heinrich von Marshalcala Rauenk, a pilgrimage to the sacred place in 1503. In Bamberg, the distance from each point of the path of sadness to the Golgota crucified is equivalent to Jerusalem.
There are six points on the Bamberg cross road, displayed in relief. The good preserved and expressive sandstone statue is impressive as an interpretation of religion and is one of the charms of the city. The end point of the trail is the Michelsberg Church (Kirche ST.) in Michelsberg, which depicts the crucifixion and burial of Christ.
St. Getle Church
The St. Getroe or Getre Church (Kirche ST. GETREU), which ends the Bamberg style cross, was founded in 1124.
The current Baroque church was built by Yestrus Heinrich Dinzenhofer from 1652 to 1732, and is now one of the most important baroque religious buildings in Bavaria.
The church has an organ, with the ceiling around 1760, the main altar made in 1733, and the Gothic style of the Virgin Mary in the late 15th century.Church address
96049 Bamberg, SANKT-GETREU-STRAßE.
St. Jacob Church century St. Jacob Church or Jacob Church (ST. JACOB) is one of the largest churches in Bamberg.
The St. Jacob Church is the only Romanesque church in Bamberg, despite the Baroque facade. century .
In the 11th and 12th centuries, the church was outside the city’s fortress and was on the way for many pilgrims to Santiago de Compostella.
In 1771, a church baroque facade was created, but there are still many Roman elements behind it. In addition, there is a Romanesque element inside.Church address
Jakobsplatz, 96049 Bamberg.
St. Elizabeth Church
St. Elizabeth Church or Elizabeth as a hospital church was dedicated on August 24, 1354.
The church choir that survives today was built around 1400, and the current church dates from around 1493. After secularization in 1803, the church was used as a prison and workshop. Church rebuilt in 1883.
This church is the oldest remaining complete relief of the Way of the Cross in Bamberg starting from this church.
On the pedestal near the church is a sculpture of “Apollo” by Marcus Ruperts.
The church is decorated with eight stained glass windows depicting the life of St. Elizabeth, combined with her seven works of mercy from the Bible.
church address century .
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.St. Stephen’s Church
Of his seven hills in Bamberg, St. Stephen’s Church rises to the east. Since 1807 it has been the main evangelical church in Bamberg.
The building, probably donated by Empress Kunigunde, was built at the same time as Bamberg Cathedral and was consecrated by Pope Benedict VIII in 1020.
Following the design of the Greek cross, the present-day St. Stephen’s Church was built in two stages. The choir, built by Giovanni Bonarino in 1628-29, incorporates elements of the Neo-Gothic-Baroque style. Antonio Petrin was in charge of his three other naves in the sanctuary, built in Baroque style but with a strong Renaissance focus. The artwork in the church is painted in an arcing style, from Baroque to contemporary.
: Stephansplatz 4, 96049 Bamberg.
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.The House of the Golden Coat of Arms (Haus Zur Goldenen Wappe) is the former court ‘Curia ad Salis’ of St.
In 1622 Guda again became a monastery curia and from 1818 private property.
The building is recognizable by the large golden coat of arms above the main entrance gate.
Old house in Ebraerhof
The Old Ebracher Hof is a building in Bamberg and was the first town hall of the 17th-century Ebrach Abbey.
The mansion is his three-storey building, featuring a magnificent stepped pediment decorated with three-dimensional coats of arms and sculptural groups.
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.sunbed
The Register Chapel (Maternkapelle) is a small chapel in Bamberg that, during the Advent season (the period before Christmas), presents a nativity scene (COTS).
This small chapel is named after Matteln, the first bishop of Cologne.
From the 11th century to his 12th century, this chapel was used as a hospital. In 1157 it belonged to the Monastery of St. Theodora, from the 14th century he underwent renovations in the 15th century. It was secularized in 1802 and has since belonged to the Bamberg Happiness Society.
In the 17th century In the architecture of the chapel, elongated towers revealed towers.
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.Haus St. Benedikt is a historic mansion in the old town of Bamberg.
The fact that there was a house in this place was mentioned for the first time in 1321. The basics of an arched brick underground room used for special exhibitions and performances are the traces of medieval buildings.
The current building was rebuilt in 1584 by Johann Melsel, a clerk of the City Court, and was destroyed by a fire. The ancestral emblem, which was originally drawn on a stone slab, is now reproduced in the stairs on the first floor of the building. Early 18th century
The building was a court and a lawyer at the meeting, Fortenbach and his family’s house.
Baroque interior dates back to the era when many Bamberg buildings are decorated with baroque elements to the exterior and interior. It also contains frescoes and gypsum boards on walls and ceilings. The plaster ceiling was produced by Johann Jacob Fogel, the first standing modeling master for Bamberg Prince Bishop.
The current building facade was formed in 1866 and removed the baroque element.
In 1992, Manflate Bmiller purchased a jewel of the architecture and carefully repaired it until 1995. century .
Currently, this building contains the Bumiller Collection’s early Islamic Art Museum.
Building address: Austraße 29, Bamberg by 96047.
ETA Hoffmann theater and home
Ε. T. Hoffman was a composer, an artist, and a poet. He came to Bamberg in 1808 and started working as a music director at the local theater-the current E. T. A. Hoffman Theater (E. T. A. Hoffmann-Theater).
Nearby is the old home (E, T, Hoffman House), where E, T. A. Hoffman lived with his wife from 1809 to 1813. Currently, it is open to the house where he lived from 1813 to 1813, and as a house where he lived with his wife. 4th century Hoffman’s apartment is decorated as a monument.
Is introduced Hoffman as a versatile artist and links Hoffman’s years in Bamberg to his work.
Theatrical managementE. T. A. Hoffmann-Platz 1, 96047 Bamberg.
House address-.The streets are lined with bright buildings filled with cafes, restaurants and shops.
Hoffman monument near the theater
Bamberg City Galler y-Villa Drawinger
The representative villa of Jewish Hop Merchant Dessauer was built in 1884 in front of the city gate in front of the city gate. century Currently, there is a Bamberg Museum of Art in the building, where special exhibitions centered on contemporary art, lectures and music events are held.
About the operation of Villa Gallery
: HAINSTRAßE 4, 96047 Bamberg.
Haupt Vachhe is a baroqu e-style sandston e-building tw o-story building, and is a historical building featuring a mansado roof and arched first floor.From 1772 to 1774, it was built for the Army at the request of Duke Adam Friedrich vonzheim, Duke of Zinsheim. Johann Joseph Fogel was in charge of the design of the architect Johan, Geork von Roppel. The military features and the reliefs of the emblem on the building were created by the sculptor Johann Bernhard Cam.
HauptwachStraße 16, 96047 Bamberg.
Research institute church a museum Institutskirche was built by Johann Friedrich Rosenzwike from 1724 to 1727. The museum A on e-room baroque building with a purified choir is built into a group of thre e-story educational institutions.
The lo w-building tower of the church and the two bells outside indicate that it is a place of worship. There is an underground cathedral under the church and is not open to the public.The inside of the church was formed at the end of the 18th century.website: theater. bamberg .de.
Church address museum : Holzmarkt 2, 96047 Bamberg.
St. Otto Church
St. Otto Church is one of the few Art Nouveau church in Germany. This church is the first church in the 20th century
It is designated as a historic building.
At the end of the 19th century, St. Otto Church was designated as a historic building.
And the St. Gungeal Church was so narrow that a new church was built in the northern part of Bamberg. In 1912, the construction was started by the architect Otto Orland Kurz and his partner Edward Herbert. Completed at the end of 1913. On April 23, 1914, the bell was dedicated. the museums Church address
SieNSTRAßE 72, 96052 Bamberg.St. Gun Golf Church
The St. Gun Golf Church is the oldest church in Bamberg, combined with various styles.
The parish church was once built in the Romanesque style in the 12th century because it was a monastery.
Under the saint Otto, he won the Gothic style around 1400.
Haupt Vachhe is a baroqu e-style sandston e-building tw o-story building, and is a historical building featuring a mansado roof and arched first floor.Church address
THEUERSTADT 4, 96050 Bamberg.
Bamberg Senk i-Gardener Museum
For more than 600 years, Bamberg commercial horticulture has been cultivated with a typical and narrow houses. Some of them are now cultivated and registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Of the “old gardening town” part, there is the Garden Museum (Gärtner-und Häckermuseum), which is
In the 18th century mansion century A garden with a room, a workplace, and a garden, and you can learn about the living environment of a wealthy gardener around 1900.
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.MittelStraße 34, 96052 Bamberg.
Observatory “Tower Reading”
The observatory “Slow Tower” is a lo w-tower with two stairs, and you can overlook the “gardener town”, and spread beyond that. century Tower address
Heiliggrabstraße 57, 96052 Bamberg. century Geninger and Sebastiani chapel
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.Atonement church
Erlöserkirche was built in 1934 as the first new Protestant Church in Bamberg by Professor Helman Bestermeyer.
The Church of Savior is also the first bicycle church in Bavaria.
This church was destroyed by bombing during World War II and was restored in 1950. century The crucifixion on the cross on the altar of the church was created in the 16th century.
And it is said to be a disciple of Fate Stos.
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.: KunigundendammM 14, 96050 Bamberg.
Bamberg Museum EV
The Bamberg Museum of Art EV Association (KunStVEREIN BAMBERG E. V.) is a place where exhibitions in various fields, such as paintings, graphics, sculptures, photos, installations, and performances.
The pearl in the center Once a year, a larg e-scale exhibition is held in Villa Drawinga, and the lobby of the Eta Hoffman Theater is also used as an exhibition space. There are plenty of art meetings, such as art, art history, other cultural themes, specialized lectures, talks with artists, and art trips. a museum The association has a collection of modern graphics by famous writers, replenish and hold exhibitions. century address
The small Obstmarkt square in Bamberg’s Old Town is one of the city’s warmest and most colorful squares.Hein City Park
The city park “Hein” is the largest park.
It is a park on the shores of the Regnitz River, near the old town of Bamberg. the center of Bamberg.
There are many hiking courses in the untouched nature and silence.Botanical garden
Lake, sculpture, rest, toilet, playground, beer garden, etc.
Near the Heinpark, there is Heinbadestel, which is attracting attention as a summer recreation area.
In the outdoor recreation and swimming area along the Regnitz River, there are playground equipment such as solar beds, lawns, gardens, children’s pools, soccer stands, hammocks, book delivery services, cafeteria, children’s pools, slides, swings, and sandboxes.
You can swim in the river. There is a wooden staircase to get off the waterside.
Admission is charged.
Mühlwörth 18a, 96047 Bamberg. century Near the park is the fun street with villas and classical houses, and BistumShaus St. ottto.
OB. Sandstraße 29, 96049 Bamberg.The Bamberger Clipen Museum exhibits a very variety of Christ’s birth scene, including its origin, age, and materials, focusing on historic Christianity in the world.
The range of exhibits that can be seen
There are a variety of things, from the big birth scene of Bohemian glass to the proof of Bamberg’s birth scene, and many objects from all over the world.
96049 Bamberg, OberE Sandstraße 23.
The square is decorated with a sculpture.The Feuerwehrm Bamberg is a place where fire trucks and various types of fire prevention facilities have been reported to report the history of more than 300 years in the firefighting field.
It is open on a specific day, and you can also visit with a reservation system.
Museum address the center of Bamberg.
SieNSTRAßE 75, 96052 Bamberg.
Villa RimasVilla Lamice is a historic classic villa by Karl Lameis.Currently, there is a cafe with a hall and table in the outdoors inside the mansion, where you can overlook some of the Bamberg from the territory near the mansion.
96049 Bamberg, ST. -restreu-strasse 13.
Bamberg is a worl d-famous city as well as its beautiful historical buildings.
However, it is also known as a city of beer in Franken.
The square is decorated with a sculpture.However, Bamberg itself is mainly known for smoked beer (Rauchbier / Raubir), and the smoked fragrance is already legendary because the smoked malt is given to beer.
At the historic brewery “Schlenkerla”, which has been around for 1405, a smoked bamberg is still poured with smoked beer from oak barrels and smoked malt is historically roasted by direct fire. You can taste it.
We will introduce the smoked beer and brewery in Bamberg in detail.
All accommodation facilities including historical buildings in Bamberg
It is farther away. the museum Click here for prediction / reservation
The small Obstmarkt square in Bamberg’s Old Town is one of the city’s warmest and most colorful squares.Hotel look such as hotel, villa, apartments, etc. →
Aviasales → air ticket that can be reached anywhere in the world.
Taxi/ Transportation Kiwataxi →
The museum Rental car DiscoverCars →
The small Obstmarkt square in Bamberg’s Old Town is one of the city’s warmest and most colorful squares.Customers who have travel insurance →
It is a little unreasonable request, but please cooperate. We are no n-profit organizations and have no regular income. We only rely on orders and donations from readers. If you order or donate as much as possible through this site, this site will be satisfied with useful information for you. thank you.<SPAN> At the historic brewery “Schlenkerla” (Schlenkerla), the historic brewery (Schlenkerla) still pours smoked beer from oak barrels, and smoked malt is historically roasted with a direct fire. You can taste smoked.
We will introduce the smoked beer and brewery in Bamberg in detail.
All accommodation facilities including historical buildings in Bamberg
It is farther away.Click here for prediction / reservation
Breweries in Bamberg (smoked beer)
Convenient for travel / travel center Hotel look such as hotel, villa, apartments, etc. →
Aviasales → air ticket that can be reached anywhere in the world.
Taxi/ Transportation Kiwataxi →
Rental car DiscoverCars →Bus tickets FLIXBUS → (Flixbus) going to Europe, the United States, Turkey, etc.
Customers who have travel insurance → center It is a little unreasonable request, but please cooperate. We are no n-profit organizations and have no regular income. We only rely on orders and donations from readers. If you order or donate as much as possible through this site, this site will be satisfied with useful information for you. thank you. At the historic brewery “Schlenkerla”, which has been around for 1405, a smoked bamberg is still poured with smoked beer from oak barrels and smoked malt is historically roasted by direct fire. You can taste it.We will introduce the smoked beer and brewery in Bamberg in detail.
All accommodation facilities including historical buildings in Bamberg
- It is farther away.
- Click here for prediction / reservation
- Convenient for travel / travel
- Hotel look such as hotel, villa, apartments, etc. →
- Aviasales → air ticket that can be reached anywhere in the world.
- Taxi/ Transportation Kiwataxi →
Rental car DiscoverCars →